CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday 15 February 2012

Scrapology February Challenge

On Sunday 12th February 2012 I spent a very enjoyable day at the Scrapology  crop http://scrapology-adventuresinscrapbooking.blogspot.com/. I completed my layout for their February challenge as well as having a lovely lunch prepared by Linda's husband Robert, having luck in the raffle winning not one but two lovely prizes and good company, what more could a glrl wish for.


This is my completed layout of my Mum taken in 1941 aged 1year and 11 months, she does have a middle name of Kathleen, which, I did cut out on the cricut machine but changed my mind about using them as I remembered she always said there is no point on having a second name as you never use it, consequently myself and my brother and sister do not have one.

I used the following to complete my layout:


1 Sheet plain Bazzill Card
Bazzill Cardstock in Tickled Pink, Black and Sprout 
6 ½” x 6 ½” Paper Pad, Kaiser Craft Bonjour (24 sheets – 10 specialty Papers including 2 foil, 4 spot varnish and 4 die cuts).
Cricut with Storybook and Mother’s Day Bouquet Cartridges
Martha Stewart Butterfly border punch
Brads


I cut  sixteen 3 inch squares from the papers in the Kaiser Craft Bonjour paper pad and adhered them to my Bazzil card and did the cross stitch with an easy sew template. I then matted my photograph on black Bazzil card and punched the butterfly borders out and adhered to the layout. Lettering, background and flowers were then cut using the Storybook and Mother'd Day cartridges on the cricut machine. Letters layered up and flowers made up and fixed with brads in the centre to hold together.


I will certainly use this style layout again but next time hopefully all my squares will be the same size!

1 comments:

Linda

It's a lovely layout Sharon :)

Post a Comment